Like I’ve mentioned before, my husband and I work a good 45 minutes from home. We take turns driving to work, but he always drives home. In the three years we’ve been commuting, I have usually taken that time to do this:
Most of the time it’s wonderful and I wake up feeling ready to move and GET STUFF DONE. However, every couple of weeks I wake up from said nap like this:
As you can image, my dear husband loves this. And today was one of those days. I could have very easily climbed into my bed when we got home and slept until tomorrow– and before really working on changing my lifestyle I would have. But I’ve been working on a couple tricks to get myself up and motivated, for those days when I have a cranky nap or just feel tired.
1. Come in and change into workout clothes– including shoes. Getting ready is half the battle right?
2. Make a cup of peppermint tea. It’s smells great and is invigorating. Can’t be sleepy after that.
3. Call the BFF and make plans to meet up at the gym. Having someone waiting on you makes it hard to say no.
4. Pick a random workout on Pinterest to try. But make sure you don’t get sucked into Pinterest. It totally happens.
5. Think about tomorrow. Won’t it be nice to say that you got such and such done? Ran a few miles? Did a hardcore weights routine? Kicked spin class in the butt?
What are your tips and tricks to getting out the door when you just don’t want to?